FA Premier League Spokesperson
Utilising the latest technology of high frame rate cameras and cutting edge vision processing techniques, combined with over 12 years of experience in sports officiating and broadcast enhancement, Hawk-Eye are well placed to provide a Goal Line Technology system for football matches.
Hawk-Eye has now signed a licence agreement with FIFA, giving Hawk-Eye full authorisation to install the system worldwide. In order to become a FIFA licensee Hawk-Eye met a range of system requirements and underwent a series of tests in match-like conditions and has been tested at St Mary’s Stadium, home of Southampton Football Club.
The current system boasts the following features:
- Accurate – betters the FIFA requirement of +/-3cm.
- Reliable – the system is fully automated and benefits from our unique and extensive experience of delivering robust officiating systems for elite Tennis and Cricket matches. Only a small percentage of the ball needs to be visible in the cameras for the system to accurately locate it.
- Non-Invasive Hawk-Eye works without the need to adapt the ball, goal posts or playing surface.
- Ball agnostic - Hawk-Eye works with any ball manufacturer.
- Fast - An outcome can be relayed to the referee within 1 second.
- Compliant - Fully complies with FIFA specifications.
- Definitive - Hawk-Eye can provide a TV replay to categorically prove the decision is correct.
- Robust - No single points of failure.
- Occlusion - Independently tested to work in cases where the ball is more obscured than has ever occurred in a real match goal scenario.
- Secure - Hawk-Eye have exclusively developed a referees watch in partnership with “Adeunis”, the market leader in stadium communication systems. The signal to the watch is encrypted, unaffected by interference and works in all countries.
Hawk-Eye is confident that the days of post-match retributions will soon be a thing of the past. The closest goal-line calls will be resolved in a matter of seconds as Hawk-Eye’s experience and accuracy on the tennis court will take football officiating to a new level.
For further information Click Here»
For more detailed information on how the Hawk-Eye Goal Line Technology works Click Here»